As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In addition, I participate in several other affiliate programs that allow me to earn while I recommend products I love.
There’s nothing more versatile than a salad.
From potato salad to pasta salad to “real” salad, they’re fun, they’re light, and they’re easy to make.
“Easy to make” being the operative word with this bell pepper and cucumber salad.
Often, ideas for salads come about because of what we have in the fridge.
You’re rifling through the produce drawer, looking at some leftover lettuce and some vegetables and wondering if you can make a meal out of it.
That’s what happened to me with this cucumber and bell pepper salad, and I’m glad it did.
The crunch of the cucumber and bell pepper and the softness of the salad leaves combines perfectly, and I threw it together in about 2 minutes.
It would have been 1 if I had already had the vegetables chopped.
- lettuce of your choice – I went with a pea shoots salad leaves bag
- bell peppers of any color – I used all three!
How to Make Cucumber and Bell Pepper Salad
The instructions couldn’t reallllly get any easier with this recipe, as salad’s are pretty self-explanatory, but let’s walk through it.
Wash the lettuce and dry.
Wash the vegetables and cut up the cucumber and bell peppers (into long slices).
Put the lettuce in a large bowl.
Add in the cucumber and bell pepper.
Pour on your dressing of choice, I recommend a balsamic vinaigrette, but check out these vinaigrettes here
Toss together with salad tongs or with a fork.
What to Serve with this Salad
If shared between two people (or even if you just have the recipe on your own), this salad can be a main meal.
However, for most people, it will be a side.
Serve it at a barbecue with hamburgers on brioche buns, serve it as a side to a rich and creamy pasta recipe to give some lightness to the meal, or serve it as a side salad with soup.
How to Store
Storing salad can be difficult as the lettuce will wilt, so cover in saran wrap and use within 2 days of preparing for best results.
What Dressing to Use with Cucumber and Bell Pepper Salad
As with most salads, the dressing can be flexible based on the type you prefer, or you could go with no dressing at all if you’re trying to stay super healthy.
We used a balsamic vinaigrette for this, which worked out beautifully.
- 1 bag of lettuce of choie
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 green bell pepper, sliced
- dressing of choice
- Wash the lettuce and dry.
- Wash the vegetables and cut up the cucumber and bell peppers (into long slices).
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add in the cucumber and bell pepper.
- Pour on your dressing of choice, I recommend a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Toss together with salad tongs or with a fork.
1. You can use only one color of bell pepper if you prefer.
2. Try to use any lettuce besides iceberg lettuce for the color and nutrition that other lettuces give you.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g